Funeral planning can be a difficult process while grieving the loss of a loved one. But having a funeral provides those who are grieving a place to receive support, come to terms with their loss, say goodbye, and honor their loved one’s life. Being surrounded by family and friends lets everyone share stories and memories and creates a lasting support system as everyone begins their grief journey.
Depending on your personal preferences, there are several services to choose from for a loved one’s burial:
- For immediate burial, your loved one will be buried or entombed without a public service or gathering.
- A visitation, also called a viewing, calling hours, or wake, lets everyone gather together in a room with your loved one in an open or closed casket to say goodbye and comfort the bereaved.
- Funeral or memorial services can be held at a funeral home, church, or even your home. The service is for celebrating and honoring your loved one’s life. Both the visitation and service can be personalized to your loved one’s passions.
- Graveside, chapel, or committal services take place at the cemetery. They let everyone be present as their loved one is transferred to his or her final resting place through ground burial.
Deiters Funeral Home and Crematory is one of only a few funeral homes in Central Illinois to have their own on-site crematory. This assures your family that your loved one is cared for by our licensed staff and never leaves our care. For cremation services, we strongly encourage you to hold a visitation and funeral service to honor your loved one’s life. After the cremation and services, there are several options for your loved one’s final disposition:
- Inurnment is when you bury or entomb your loved one's cremated remains. This can be in a family plot, memorial site, cremation niche or urn garden, or other indoor and outdoor locations. Please reach out to our staff for a detailed list of Inurnment options.
- Graveside cremation services are similar to traditional ground burials, as everyone is at the burial of the cremated remains and honor your loved one through other meaningful tributes.
- Scattering – Please review these guidelines with our funeral professionals as rules and laws do apply.
- By placing cremated remains in multiple urns, family members who live in different locations can each have their loved one's final resting place close to them.
Deiters Pet Services & CRematory
At Deiters Pet Services & Pet Crematory, we offer several options for services for your beloved pet.
Whether you choose to cremation or burial, we can facilitate your needs through our state of the art facilities and wide array of merchandise. Below you will find a listing of the services we offer, as well as an explanation of the services. If you are looking for merchandise, be sure to check out the photo gallery of merchandise offerings.
We don't want your family to feel like you must settle on arrangement options due to your financial circumstances. That’s why we have multiple online payment options to help you plan the funeral that your loved one deserves:
- We accept payments via all major credit cards — Visa, Mastercard and Discover.
- We work with multiple lenders across the U.S. to get you the most competitive lending rates. You can view the offers available to you, and it doesn’t affect your credit.
- If your loved one has a life insurance policy you want to use for funeral expenses, please reach out to us. We can get a portion of your claim funded immediately instead of waiting 30-90 days for the insurance companies to pay out. We’ll also handle all the paperwork, saving you time and stress.
- We are here to assist you in making these arrangements with help of our company payment policy.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or want more information.